iSeek is our vibrant youth group at St Charbel’s Parish, offering young people an opportunity to build a personal and relationship with Jesus. iSeek is also an opportunity to meet, share, and celebrate our Catholic faith with other young people.
The name of the group stems from God’s command to the Prophet Amos “Seek me and Live” (Amos 5:4) which is essentially a summary of the entire Christian faith.
There are a number of ways for young people to get involved, namely iSeek nights, Eucharistic Adoration Prayer nights and social activities.
- Address: 142 Highclere Ave, Punchbowl NSW 2196
- Email: iSeek@live.com.au
- Phone: 9740 0998 (Monastery)
- CORE Team: Anthony Ndaira, Wadad Seklawy, Simon Rassy, Josephine Ayoub, Kylie Maroun, Harrison Pham, Christine Gereij, Elise and Tony Abou Gharrach, Rebecca Chedid, Therese Dagher, Patrick Saklawy, Jason Abou Gharrach, Stephanie Moussa, Charbel Germanos, Jacqueline Bassil, Christopher Ballouz, Nathan Azzi, Chrystel Azzi and Sarah Boustani
- Facebook: St Charbel’s iSeek
- Facebook Page: St Charbel’s iSeek
- Twitter: @stcharbelsiseek
- YouTube: St Charbel’s iSeek
- Instagram: stcharbelsiseek
Or click on the images above
“If you are what you should be, you will set the whole world on fire!”
— St Catherine of Sienna
iSeek nights refer to our fortnightly youth group meetings for young people aged 13-20. iSeek nights focus on spiritual themes or current issues, and include: music, games, competitions, a short talk, discussion groups, socialising, prayer and fun.
- Who: Young People aged 13-22
- What: iSeek Youth Group
- When: Every Second Tuesday, 7.30-9.30pm
- Where: Mary MacKillop Hall (142 Highclere Ave, Punchbowl)
- Why: To develop a real relationship with Jesus and know that you are part of a Heaven-seeking community.
So to all you young people, it is time to rise up!
God the Father is calling us to be all that we can be.
iSeek also facilitates a number of social activities that help to bring young people together in an atmosphere of joy and solidarity. These include picnics, movies days, sports days, retreats, pilgrimages, the annual Walk with Christ Corpus Christi Process, Visiting of the Seven Churches on Holy Thursday evening, bowling, trivia nights, laser tags, karaoke and other outings.
The biggest event in the iSeek calendar is our annual January camp for three days and two nights focusing on a central spiritual theme. The camp has a mixture of social and spiritual events that allow young people to encounter Christ in a deeper way.
We have a number of socials throughout the year, stay tuned for announcements.
“When you look at the Crucifix, you understand how much Jesus loved you then. When you look at the Sacred Host you understand how much Jesus loves you now,”
– Mother Teresa of Calcutta
The Eucharist is at the heart of iSeek and St Charbel’s youth ministry. iSeek facilitates opportunities to come closer to Jesus in the Eucharist, the source and summit of our faith. This includes Eucharistic Adoration, where the faithful can honour the Eucharistic Presence of Christ. In a deeper sense, it involves a contemplation of the Mystery and Banquet of Love.
We facilitate a number of opportunities for Eucharistic Adoration throughout the year, stay tuned for announcements.
iSeek Leader’s Skit
iSeek: One Year On
iSeek: Camp Montage – 2013
There are no objects in this facebook feed.